Maligawatte Muslim Burial Ground
The British who ruled Sri Lanka in A.D. 1850 wanted the Cemetery that was situated by the side of the mosque be shifted to another place. Hence, the Mosque obtained a land in Maligawatte in A.D. 1833 and used it as a Cemetery. Thereafter, the mosque purchased the adjoining land of 38 acres at Maligawatte on Payment of Rs. 55,000.00. The Government took over 27 acres of this land and used a portion of same for Maligawatte Housing Scheme and the balance for Kettarama Play Ground. Only the balance of 11 acres belong to the mosque where the Cemetery is situated.